The Lead Roblox Engineer is responsible for transforming game concepts into reality through code in an environment of rapid and constant iteration. They are a benchmark of technical excellence for developers of equal or lesser seniority, and assist them in their respective professional development. The Lead Roblox Engineer respects and considers all aspects of production, such as: design, art, UI/UX, QA, audio, technical art, etc.
Being a part of Kokku means being able to work with comittment to excelence. As a result, we put our talents and efforts on making games better. In addition, only at Kokku you will have the opportunity to work with great IPs and major studios like Activision, Guerrilla Games, Netflix, Warner Brothers and Treyarch, to name a few.
At Kokku we have a team of experts, working on every stage of game production. We strongly believe in pushing boundaries and creating remarkable experiences.
The benefits about joining Kokku
- Competitive financial reward;
- Health Insurance;
- A transparent and inclusion-oriented culture;
- Relocation bonus,
- Meal ticket;
- Transport benefits and more;
- A full-time job in a modern and relaxed studio atmosphere;
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team;
- Private healthcare & Multisport card;
- A lot of challenges and ambitious tasks;
- An opportunity to grow in a stimulating industry.
As a Lead Roblox Engineer you will
- Lead other programmers, giving effective technical feedback and moderating discussions;
- Work closely with professionals in other areas, such as: design, art, UI/UX, QA, audio, and technical art;
- Collaborate with external development partners;
- Develop new game systems and mechanics that are high performance, robust and sustainable;
- Translate requirements into clear, maintainable, portable, high-performance;
- Develop new features in the base or engine on which the game will run;
- Conduct research, create proofs of concept, and introduce new technologies to the team;
- Maintain code, fix bugs and take care of problem occurrences;
- Adhere to the processes determined by the producer and project manager, proposing the team through the changes;
- Adhere to the coding standards and practices of the technologies used;
- Implement quality assurance processes, such as code review and unit testing;
- Consider prioritization of requirements from a technical standpoint;
- Create technical documentation of projects;
- Communicate accurate and recurring status updates to engineering managers, producers, project managers, and QA regarding tasks/resources.
We expect you to have
- Hands-on experience primarily with C++, C# and/or LUA;
- Advanced English;
- Experience with engines such as Unreal and/or Unity;
- Practical experience and proficiency with version control tools such as Git, SVN and/or Perforce;
- Knowledge in one or more game programming specialties (artificial intelligence, 3D artificial intelligence, 3D rendering, 3D animation, physics, multiplayer/networking, gameplay);
- Willingness to learn new technologies, such as Roblox Experience and Fortnite Creative;
- Good debugging, troubleshooting, and research skills;
- Be up to date with the latest technical trends, best practices and gaming technologies;
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively;
- Good communication and teamwork skills;
- Work seamlessly with a multidisciplinary team to design, prototype, and implement gameplay features;
- Knowledge of common software design patterns and ability to discuss theirutilities;
- Self-confidence when facing challenging situations, as well as the ability to resolve conflicts;
- A deep understanding of game production with the ease of seeing the perspectives from other game production disciplines.
Would also be nice to have
- Proven experience in the field;
- Experience and/or interest in leading a team of developers;
- Good understanding and professional experience working with C++, C# and/or LUA.