We are looking for a generalist Lead 2D Artist to develop and visualize ideas for our projects in a wide range of styles and fidelity.
Being a part of Kokku means being able to work with comittment to excelence. As a result, we put our talents and efforts on making games better. In addition, only at Kokku you will have the opportunity to work with great IPs and major studios like Activision, Guerrilla Games, Netflix, Warner Brothers and Treyarch, to name a few.
At Kokku we have a team of experts, working on every stage of game production. We strongly believe in pushing boundaries and creating remarkable experiences.
The benefits about joining Kokku
- Competitive financial reward;
- Health Insurance;
- A transparent and inclusion-oriented culture;
- Relocation bonus,
- Meal ticket;
- Transport benefits and more.
As a Lead 2D Artist you will
- Collaborate with UI/UX graphic designers to illustrate concepts;
- Create sales presentations with descriptions and wireframes/sketches;
- Help the production team in pre-production, production and post-production share their vision.
- Use traditional and technological approaches to create 2D designs through drawing and painting;
- Create art in a wide range of styles, from realistic to cartoon, from initial concept to in-game implementation, create high-quality texture content for the game world (textures and other maps or related images for mapping onto 3D objects), character concepts, environments and backgrounds;
- Conceptualize, design and create stunning (2D) in-game visual effects (modeling, texturing, animation, lighting, shading, etc.) using tools available in a real-time engine;
- Demonstrate creativity, adaptability to different styles of games and graphics (pixel, cartoon, realistic, illustration, etc.), meet project deadlines/milestones. Produce and participate in the graphic creation of our games and effectively contribute to the art pipeline while understanding the constraints of the target platform.
We expect you to have
- Proven experience in art media, graphic design, digital techniques, or equivalent relevant experience.;
- Good knowledge of 2D editing tools, such as Illustrator, to be able to deliver any kind of good quality 2D assets, skills in using Photoshop (or similar tool) to create textures for 3D assets;
- Versatile and ready to handle different types of tasks, from creative challenges to mass production and easy adaptation to changes;
- Self-motivation, excellent communication and organization skills, team spirit and proactiveness;
- Positive attitude with ability to receive and provide feedback.
Would also be nice to have
- Experience with storyboarding for cinematic scenes;
- Solid background in academic drawing, sketching and/or illustration.