The Lead Unity Engineer is responsible for implementing key features of the platform, as well as solving key technical challenges during development. They must work with various platform features, managing project infrastructure and game-as-a-service features, artificial intelligence tools, C#, and optimization tools.
Being a part of Kokku means being able to work with comittment to excelence. As a result, we put our talents and efforts on making games better. In addition, only at Kokku you will have the opportunity to work with great IPs and major studios like Activision, Guerrilla Games, Netflix, Warner Brothers and Treyarch, to name a few.
At Kokku we have a team of experts, working on every stage of game production. We strongly believe in pushing boundaries and creating remarkable experiences.
The benefits about joining Kokku
- Competitive financial reward;
- Health Insurance;
- A transparent and inclusion-oriented culture;
- Relocation bonus,
- Meal ticket;
- Transport benefits and more;
- A full-time job in a modern and relaxed studio atmosphere;
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team;
- Private healthcare & Multisport card;
- A lot of challenges and ambitious tasks;
- An opportunity to grow in a stimulating industry.
As a Lead Unity Engineer you will
- Use the Unity framework to create game systems and features in C#, taking external direction and team feedback into design decisions;
- Work with other programmers as well as the rest of the production team;
- Create high-performance, robust, and sustainable systems in a game development environment;
- Develop new game systems and mechanics in Unity;
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, high-performance code;
- Understand the constraints of a game development cycle (know when bug fixing and optimization become more important than new features);
- Communicate accurate, daily status updates to team leads, producers, and QA regarding tasks/features;
- Work with external development partners;
- Adhere to team coding standards and practices, such as code review and design reviews;
- Other duties may be assigned to meet company or department.
We expect you to have
- Solid experience in C#, using asynchronous calls, design patterns, clean code, data structure, debugging, etc;
- Excellent knowledge of Unity, including experience with 2D/3D projects, Animator, Animation, Unity UI, Sprite Atlas, Addressable/Asset Bundle, Profiler (Unity, Memory), Frame Debugger and Build Pipeline;
- Hands-on experience and proficiency with version control tools such as Git, SVN and/or Perforce;
- Knowledge in one or more game programming specialties (artificial intelligence, 3D rendering, 3D animation, physics, multiplayer/networking, gameplay);
- Work cohesively with a team of programmers, artists and designers to design, prototype and implement gameplay features;
- Experience publishing games for current generation consoles, PC and/or Mobile;
- Writing clear, maintainable, portable, high-performance code;
- Knowledge of common software design patterns and ability to discuss their usefulness;
- Effective communication in a team-oriented environment;
- Good grasp of the multidisciplinarity of game production, being able to see the perspectives and needs of other areas, such as: design, art, UI/UX, QA, audio, technical art, etc.
Would also be nice to have
- Advanced English;
- Education and technical requirements: Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Game Development Technology, similar courses or equivalent experience;
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role.