The Tech Art VFX, is responsible for supporting environmental art, building levels of VFX creation games, performance and optimization of Unreal / Unit levels, creating tools that improve the production workflow and streamlining the creation workflow. VFX. It works closely with the developers to ensure that there are no technical issues addressed in implementing the VFX, or hampering the work of other team members.
Tech Artist VFX role:
• Support the development of VFX in projects.
• Propose, architect and implement pipeline improvement strategies for each project and for the studio to help speed up the creation of VFX content.
• Drive performance and optimization efforts across all VFX-related content
• Integrates third-party simulations by Houdini and Maya / Max on Unreal / Unity engines.
• Substance Designer / Painter construction experience
• Experience with scripting and Python languages for Maya, Substance, etc.
• Experience with performance tools in Unreal and on various platforms.
• An understanding of draw call for the use of CPU and GPU.
• PBR experience
• Experience in building pipeline tools for Unreal, Maya and Automation are key.
• Experience with lighting models for pre-rendered, rendering in games (Unreal).
• Experience with solving VFX problems and particle systems.
• Strong knowledge of current 3D graphics techniques.
• Strong knowledge of particle systems, environmental effects, clothing simulations, lighting and dynamics.
• High proficiency in solving technical problems.
• Experience working with Console performance and optimization is an advantage
• Experience with Houdini VFX.
• Composition experience is an advantage.
• Lighting and providing knowledge is an advantage.
Knowledge and Skills Required
• Academic background and technical requirements: Graphic Designer, Programmer, Art course #D
• 2-5 years of experience in a similar role
Reading: Intermediate / Advanced
Oral Communication: Intermediate
• Proficient in computer skills and in the use of relevant software and other applications, for example, word processing, reports, database, intern
• Analytical skills
• Critical skills
• Problem solving
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
• Deep motivational and teamwork skills
• Good interpersonal relationship
• Attention to deadlines