We are looking for a Principal Game Developer who can spearhead low-level code development, develop and implement rendering features, and has experience with optimization and feature performance improvement. You will be involved in various aspects of game’s creation from concept to finished product including coding, programming, audio, production and visual effects.
- Develop and optimize industry leading high-performance real-time graphics features and effects required for AAA console games.
- Work closely with the rest of the Rendering team, Technical Art and Content team.
- Continuously seek to optimize the Rendering Engine and workflows, for efficiency and usability.
- Profiling and optimization within these areas: low level performance, streaming and/or memory.
- Initiate and drive major new features and upgrades from start to completion.
- Collaborate with the Content and Technical Art teams on the design of new features; ensure decisions are well understood and agreed upon.
- Leverage existing technology and external partners whenever possible and foster excellent relationships with other studios and technology groups.
- Be forward looking and have the drive and initiative to always aim high and deliver. Translate requirements into a clean and efficient code
- Working on the base or the engine on which the game will run
- Produce prototypes of gameplay ideas and features
- Develop schedules and determine milestones
- Create unit tests and validation procedures to assure quality
- Create technical documents and specifications
- Maintain code, fix bugs and take care of occurring problems
- Hands on experience primarily with C++ and/or C#
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git/SVN
- Good debugging, problem-solving and research skills
- Experience with one or more common game engines (Unreal 4, Unity3D)
- Knowledge in one or more game programming specialties (artificial intelligence, 3D Rendering, 3D animation, physics, multiplayer/networking, gameplay)
- Familiarity with Havok, Wise, Scaleform API and implementation cross-platform.
- D3D and DX experience from D3D9 – D3D12 and DX12 api on Series, PS5, Switch.
- Microsoft DXC Compiler usage with Switch SPIR-V and PS5 PSSL Shader syntax.
- Programming for Haptic Controls for Consoles.
- Visual Performance and Optimization leveraging features like Dynamic Resolution & Temporal AA. Experience improving frame rate targets cross-platform and assessing Draw/Game Thread/CPU/GPU/Memory utilization and balancing between these resources for optimum frame rate.
- Up-to-date with the latest gaming trends, techniques, best practices and technologies
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Good communication skills and team work
Nice to Have
- Previous experience shipping game titles or other software
- Solid knowledge of 3D math
- Solid knowledge of network fundamentals
- Computer science or related degree
- Experience with end-to-end client and server backend implementation
- Experience with performance analysis and code optimization
- Experience updating older Visual Studio projects to current is an added bonus.
- Experience debugging and tracking down networking related issues; able to diagnose what it means when told the game “lagged out”.
- UDP and HTTP programming, handling errors and managing bandwidth.