The Technical Artist is responsible for developing and setting up rigs, skinning characters and assets and creating tools that improve the production’s workflow. He/she works in close collaboration with modelers and animators to ensure that there are no technical problems met, or hindering of the work of other team members.
- Recognize proper mesh topology as well as repair and/or give feedback to the 3D modelers on mesh creation, UV’s, blendshapes, and textures.
- Rigging and skinning of the characters to meet the needs of stakeholders within the team (i.e. animators, artist, technical art)
- Collaborate with technical artist and tool programmers to create tools that increase the effectiveness of the production’s workflow;
- Manage the Cinematic pipeline from Motion Builder to Maya to Unreal.
- Own the setup and maintenance of the Unreal Sequencer pipeline and any custom tools required.
- Advance experience with Maya
- Intermediate knowledge of 3DMax
- Understanding of FAC System
- Experience with IK setup, set driven keys, Mel scripting, and Python.
- Experience with motion capture data cleanup.
- Experience with Motion Builder.
- Ability to problem solve technical rigging issues.
- Good sense of body mechanics and proportions.
- Experience in rigging a character.
- Experience with rigging quadpeds, creatures.
- Experience using Unreal’s sequencer and some intermediate knowledge of blueprints.
- Experience working with performance and optimization on Console a plus.
- Houdini experience is a plus.