We are seeking a Technical Director with experience related to Performance & Optimization, Rendering & Shading, Core engine architect and Cross Platform. You can find below the description of this job family:
The technical director is responsible for establishing a link between the creative/artistic vision of the game and its technical implementation and is often seen as part of the programming job family. Technical directors are also responsible for developing new techniques to overcome obstacles during the production of the game.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Ensure product consistency by negotiating among the various stakeholders such as programmers who are working on the technical design of a game.
– Conduct research and find innovative ways to complete the technical aspects of a project while providing support to team members.
– Work together with the project manager, art director and designer to ensure consistency when setting the technical guidelines to follow for the design of a game.
– Supervise the technical aspects to find areas where product quality might be improved.
– Full accountability for all our technology, architecture and tech processes in the studio
– Ensure technical alignment of multi-platform (mobile, canvas) development
– Identify, communicate and pursue key strategic engineering efforts
– Drive communication across all disciplines in coordinating engineering plans
– Lead technical design reviews to identify potential problems
– Identify/plan tool development to improve productivity
– Hire amazing engineering staff (in cooperation with HR) and ensure new employees receive proper training
– Provide full support to teams when technical challenges are encountered
– Work with leads and technical directors of other areas to ensure alignment with technology portfolio
– Performance & Optimization
– Rendering & Shading
– Core engine architect
– Cross Platform
– Hands on experience primarily with C++ and/or C#
– Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git/SVN
– Good debugging, problem-solving and research skills
– Experience with one or more common game engines (Unreal 4, Unity3D)
– Knowledge in one or more game programming specialties (artificial intelligence, 3D Rendering, 3D animation, physics, multiplayer/networking, gameplay)
– Up-to-date with the latest gaming trends, techniques, best practices and technologies
– Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
– Good communication skills and team work
Additional Beneficial Skills
– Experience in mobile development (iOS and/or Android)
– Experience in cross-platform development
– Previous experience shipping game titles or other software
– Solid knowledge of 3D math
– Solid knowledge of network fundamentals
– Computer science or related degree
– Experience with end-to-end client and server backend implementation
– Experience with performance analysis and code optimization